Santander creates value for shareholders through a responsible management of risks, products and services, generating profits, and making their investment profitable and sustainable. In addition, equal treatment to all shareholders is guaranteed, independent of the ownership percentage in the business. The long-term relation is sustained over the base of providing all available information clearly, truthfully and in a timely manner.

Santander Group holds a majority ownership stake of 67.2% in our company, while the remaining 32.8% constitutes the free float. Our company, Santander Chile, has dual listings for its stocks – they are traded on the Santiago Stock Exchange under the ticker "BSAN" and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADS) under the ticker "BSAC." Each ADS represents the right to receive 400 shares of our common stock. The Bank of New York Mellon serves as the Depositary for Santander-Chile's ADS Program. Currently, there are 188,446,126,794 shares of our common stock outstanding.

Total shares issued 188,446,126,794
Free float 32.82% of issued shares
Local share ticker BSAN
Local share listing venue Santiago Exchange
ADR to share ratio 1 ADR = 400 shares
ADR listing venue NYSE
ADR ticker BSAC
Depositary BNY Mellon
Postal Address Bandera 140, 20th Floor
Santiago, Chile


Shareholder Structure Graphic


Geographical distribution of our minority shareholders

Geographical Distribution


Top Minority Shareholders


Holder Shares Held Shares Held Country
T Rowe Price Group Inc 3.2% 5,960,488,400  United States
Schroders PLC 2.6% 4,823,134,000  United Kingdom
A F P Provida S A 1.4% 2,681,479,419 Chile
A F P Habitat S A  1.4% 2,675,601,576 Chile
JPMorgan Chase & Co 1.4% 2,578,507,200 United States
GOVERNMENT OF SINGAPORE* 1.0% 1,974,991,367 Singapore
A F P Cuprum S A 1.0% 1,941,007,773 Chile
A F P Capital S A 0.9% 1,759,389,585 Chile
Banchile Corredores de Bolsa S.A 0.9% 1,700,114,003 Chile
Wells Fargo & Co 0.6% 1,195,671,600 United States
B.C.I.Corredor de Bolsa S.A. 0.6% 1,155,723,642 Chile
INCA Investments LLC 0.6% 1,135,557,200 United States
AVIVA LIFE AND PENSIONS UK LIMITED* 0.5% 1,016,023,081 United Kingdom
Harding Loevner LP 0.5% 988,838,000 United States
Vanguard Group Inc/The 0.5% 890,405,578 United States
Larrain Vial S.A.Corredora de Bolsa 0.5% 889,299,059 Chile
Santander Corredores de Bolsa Limitada 0.5% 879,413,483 Chile
BlackRock Inc 0.5% 876,623,200 United States
NORGES BANK* 0.4% 761,176,809 Norway
Renaissance Technologies LLC 0.4% 720,240,000 United States
Standard Life Aberdeen PLC 0.4% 708,947,600 United Kingdom
SAUDI ARABIAN MONETARY AUTHORITY A/C 13272* 0.4% 684,433,935 Saudi Arabia
Bolsa de Comercio de Santiago Bolsa de V 0.4% 666,924,059 Chile
A F P Modelo S A 0.3% 552,160,528 Chile
ISHARES MSCI CHILE ETF* 0.3% 506,915,692 United States
QSUPER* 0.3% 504,152,113 Australia
ISHARES CORE MSCI EMERGING MARKETS ETF* 0.3% 497,530,371 United States
Itau Unibanco Holding SA 0.2% 467,976,400 Brazil
Btg Pactual Chile S.A.Corredores de Bolsa 0.2% 455,076,732 Chile
UBS GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT LIFE LTD / GTI ADP89* 0.2% 453,486,716 United Kingdom
Bice Inversiones Corredores de Bolsa S.A. 0.2% 431,060,063 Chile

Search Investor Relations